Effective Date and Last Updated: January 10, 2020
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Wiley may collect personal information from and about you when you engage with the Services. The categories of personal information that we may collect includes:
Identity Information including first name, last name, title, job title, and company name.
Contact Information including email address, telephone number, billing address.
Social Media Information including account handle, public information you may share on social networks and the information you share.
Internet or Technical Information including IP address, browser type, operating system and platform.
Usage Information including how you use our Services such as which pages you visit on our Site or otherwise how you engage with the Services.
Marketing Information includes your preferences to receive alerts, updates, and other marketing communication from us.
We may collect this personal information from various sources, including:
- Directly from you when you engage with the Services, such as by registering for a webinar or signing up to receive alerts.
- Automatically when you interact with the Services, such as by visiting the Site.
- From social media platforms, such as Twitter or Linkedin.
- From event sponsors or joint marketing partners when they share information with us.
- From publicly available databases.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use your information for the following business purposes:
- To perform the service you requested, such as register you for a webinar or deliver an alert.
- To respond to your inquiries when you have contacted us.
- To provide, support and develop our Services by conducting data analysis.
- To provide marketing material that may be of interest to you.
- For fraud or security monitoring purposes or to enforce our terms and conditions.
- To satisfy our legal and regulatory requirements.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share personal information with:
- Our affiliates.
- Our third-party service providers that assist us in providing the Services.
- Other entities as required to comply with applicable laws and regulations or to cooperate with government authorities.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
Marketing: You may always opt-out of marketing communication from us by following the unsubscribe link in material we send you.
Do Not Track
We do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
We use reasonable and appropriate security standards consistent with our industry to protect your personal information. However, no security standards can be guaranteed to be 100% effective.
INFORMATION FROM MINORS
Our Services are not directed to children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we are informed that our Services have collected personal information from a child, we will promptly delete it.
EU PRIVACY RIGHTS
The GDPR allows individuals to exercise certain rights in relation to their personal information. We will respond to requests from individuals as required by the GDPR, including:
Access to personal information. We will provide you with access to the personal information we have collected about you, subject to any relevant exemptions and verification of your identity.
Correction and Deletion. Upon your request and verification of your identity, we will correct your personal information or delete information, subject to any relevant exemptions.
Data Portability. We will provide you with your personal information in a format that may be ported to another entity.
If we are relying on consent to collect, use or share your personal information, you have the right to withdraw such consent. We shall honor such request unless we have another legitimate basis to use your personal information.
If you have a complaint about our use, processing or sharing of your personal information, we ask that you first contact us at Privacycontact@wiley.law to provide us with an opportunity to make it right. You also have the right to file a complaint with a European data protection authority. A list of these authorities can be found here.
Your personal information will be transferred and stored in the United States. If you do not consent to this data transfer, do not use our Services.
We retain personal information for as long as it is needed to perform the business purpose for which it was collected and consistent with applicable law. We strive to limit our retention of personal information for the least amount of time needed.
CCPA NOTICES AND RIGHTS
This section applies only to California residents. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) provides California residents with certain additional rights, which are described below.
Right to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose information collected about you during the previous 12 months. You may request:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have about you,
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you,
- The categories of sources from which we collected personal information about you,
- The categories of personal information that we shared or disclosed for a business purpose,
- The categories of third parties to which we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, and/or
- The business purpose for which we collected the information about you.
Right to Delete. You may request that we delete certain personal information that we have collected about you unless an exemption applies.
You or your authorized agent may submit a request to know or a request to delete to us by email at CCPArights@wiley.law. Please use: CCPA CONSUMER REQUEST in the subject line of the email. Prior to responding to your request to know or request to delete, and for your protection, we will need to verify your identity.